Saturday, March 19, 2016

Are we there yet?

So, basically I'm ready to be in Gambella already! As time draws closer I realize more and more how much I miss my family there, the culture, and the fellowship.
I've gotten my English class materials mostly ready to go. Just need to put some stuff on a USB and I'll be set. I have yet to prepare my stuff for training women how to teach a kid's Bible class, but plan on starting once I get my English class and VBS finished up. I feel like one of those people who are balancing sticks with spinning plates on their feet and head while juggling flaming batons. I think I have everything just about done and then I realize NOPE! I still have a million other things left. Silly me. VBS is about half ready. Things need to be cut out and some put on a USB. Bags are hopefully nearly finished being packed. I still have to get food and a few toiletries but otherwise for my personal needs I'm set. I still don't know how I'm going to be able to cram everything into two suitcases! (insert minor panic attack here) The weight limit just kills me every year.

One thing I'm struggling with is getting enough money for my plane ticket. We have to buy in April and I am still about $2,000 shy of my goal. Tickets aren't quite $3,000, they're usually about $2,500 or so but $3,000 guarantees I'll have it covered. I. Am. Stressing. (And here is where you can insert a major panic attack...seriously I might need a paper bag for this one.) If you can please share this mission work with friends and family. I've had complete strangers donate through my friends sharing with their friends. This is such an amazing and beautiful story. I have lived it year after year and my awe for what God has done with this only increases. Wow. He works miracles. He answers prayers beyond imagination. He guides and comforts. We just have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment